Back to Creative Living Well

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Raspberry Seed Benefits

We are continuing again today with the raspberry and it's amazing healing benefits. Today we are looking at the seeds. 

The Seed - Red Raspberry Seed Oil is a fabulous addition to skin care products and contains wonderful anti-inflammatory properties. This oil soothes irritation and swelling from conditions effecting the skin.

One article I read called it natures sunscreen. Raspberry seed oil actually has one of the higher SPF's 28-50 It’s one of the few that protects against both UVA and UVB rays. It is rivaled only by carrot seed oil. Since your skin absorbs anything you put on it I try to only put things on my skin that I would be willing to eat.  I found this raspberry sunscreen recipe I would like to try eventually that I found at http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/homemade-sunscreen.html#.

Homemade Sunscreen Ingredients:
1/2 cup of 100% pure aloe
20 drops carrot seed oil OR raspberry seed oil – (raspberry seed oil has a higher SPF)
5 tbsp coconut oil
3 capsules of Vitamin E oil or hemp seed oil (2 tbsp)
5 drops of Lavender oil
1 tablespoon of avocado oil which helps increase the sun protection factor (SPF).

As you can see the Raspberry is a wellness fruit super hero. I'm going to continue picking the berries from the bush next door. I have harvested some of the leaves and dried them in our food dehydrator. I'm not going to try to make my own raspberry seed oil but I will see if I can add it to my ever growing essential oil collection. I may try and make a raspberry vinegar and a raspberry tincture.



No comments:

Post a Comment