Back to Creative Living Well

Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Essential Oil Cabinet

This is a photo of my essential oil cupboard. On the right side I have the 100% essential oils. In the middle I have the same oils diluted with a carrier oil for the massage work that I do. In the far left you see bigger general massage oils and my brushes for lymphatic massage work.

I was organizing a couple of weeks ago and I had a strong urge to go to the thrift store. I knew I needed to find something that would better hold my growing collection of oils. I was not sure exactly what it was that I was looking for but I knew I would find it and know it when I saw it. I try to follow those nudges when I get them and as a result I usually am blessed. So this time I walked through the thrift store and saw nothing of interest in the front so I walked to the back and found this cabinet laying flat up on a high shelf. When the doors are closed it has a mirror front. Its perfect.

So aside from telling you about my essential oil collection I want to encourage you to listen to those nudges. I call it the leading of the Holy Spirit, you might call it listening to your inner voice. Its a very intuitive kind of thing what ever you happen to call it.

In my collection I have Bergamont, Carrot Seed, Clove, Clary Sage, Cypress, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Ginger, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon Grass, Orange, Pine Peppermint, Red Thyme, Rose Absolute, Rosemary, Spikenard and Tea Tree. There are quite a few others that I would like to add to my collection as funds allow.

A year ago I had Tea Tree and then discovered Peppermint and for a long time I tried using those two oils on just about everything. If you are just starting your own collection I would add lavender and lemon. Tea tree will stop bug bites from itching and take care of athletes foot. Lavender does wonders for burns and is incredibly calming. Peppermint is great for headaches, tummy trouble, sore muscles and more. Lemon is great for cleaning and great when you have a cold. Each one deserves a post of its own. This week I will try to cover a couple of them in greater detail.

I found a great chart called 40 Uses For My Top 4 Favorite Oils. Its worth printing and taping to the inside of your medicine cabinet. Here's a link where you can down load it. http://jillee_uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/2013/05/40-USES-for-four-oils.pdf 
As you can see you can do quite a lot with just four essential oils for your home and for your health.



No comments:

Post a Comment